Code of Conduct
The code of conduct here is simple: be good to others and to yourself, don't behave in a hateful manner and don't do anything illegal.
Your Moderator(s) are:
- Don't use racist, sexist, transphobic or homophobic language; or any language that is offensive, abusive and especially, focuses on attacking any single group, in particular, marginalised groups.
- Don't promote hate speech, hate groups, "fake news" or anything illegal (under UK and EU law, but this rule will typically extend beyond these borders). ANY form of extremism will not be tolerated.
- Don't threaten, abuse, stalk or harass members of this instance, any other Mastodon instance or anyone on other social media sites or the Internet-at-large.
- Don't solicit or provide medical (or legal) advice. Asking for support is fine. Giving support is fine and in fact, encouraged. Talking about general health issues is also fine. However if you need professional, medical help, you should contact your therapist, counsellor or doctor. This rule is designed to protect you and us: persons claiming to be professionals may not be. You should always seek out professional help offline.
- Don't share your account with anyone or sockpuppet multiple accounts without good reason (sockpuppeting to evade a ban isn't a good reason).
- Please use the CW function when discussing anything that could be a trigger for someone else, such as your experiences of trauma, self-harm or suicide. Also use discretion when posting sensitive content. The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Spam advertising or excessive self-promotion.
- Content that is auto-crossposted from other social media platforms and not suitably throttled (see "Spam"). Please try to make your content meaningful and relevant.
- Any sexually explicit content that is not tagged as such and hidden.
- Any content depicting violence or injury. This includes images of self-harm where the moderators or community feel the images promote or otherwise glamourise SH.
- Any content illegal under UK or EU law.
This code of conduct can be changed at any time. You are encouraged to review it periodically. The mods/admins will post in the local timeline whenever an amendment to the rules is made. Any questions, direct them at a mod or admin.
Last updated 02/09/2018.